May 10, 2022
Sarah Ruffi is the Owner at
Ruffi Law Offices, S.C. She worked at a law firm where she was
miserable and didn’t realize the impact it had on her family until
she was given an ultimatum. Now she is happier and spending more
time with her family while also balancing a successful career.
Sarah joins host Molly McGrath to talk about the importance of
balancing these two worlds.
- It’s important to make sure that you take time
for your family as well as your career. You don’t need to sacrifice
one for the other.
- Many female attorneys leave the practice of law
because they feel as though they are forced to choose between
having a career or a family and a life.
- Where focus goes, energy flows. If you only
focus on the negative, then negative things will only happen in
- You need to take care of yourself and your
family before your career. It’s easy to make yourself the victim
but you need to realize how important your happiness
- Clients will get a better product when
employees are happier and committed to the work that they
- Don’t feel like you have to work with every
client. You need to think about the kind of people that fit into
your company and avoid clients that are a
- You want to design the layout of your office so
that everyone feels comfortable walking into the
Quote of the
18:31 “[female attorneys] are
leaving for that very reason that I don't want to have to pick
between having a family and having a career. And I am going to give
up my career practicing law so that I can have a family and a
Ways to Tune In: