Oct 17, 2019
Jessica Henry, Team Lead and Medicare Paralegal at the Ard Law Firm, shares insight and
tactical steps you can take to make life easier for your attorney.
She also shares best practices to ensure that people are put in the
right positions in your law firm.
Ways to Support Your Attorney
- Adopt the mindset of treating clients and addressing situations
in the same manner that you know your attorney would.
- Take the initiative to provide extra care when needed, e.g.,
making sure they eat lunch on a day when meetings are rolling
- Take every opportunity to exceed the expectations of your
- Save your attorney time by submitting documents for review in
the manner they want to receive them.
- Propose solutions at the same time you bring a problem to your
Ways the Attorney Can Ensure They Have the Right Person in the
- Communicate the mission, vision, and values of your legal
- Paint the picture for a prospective employee about WHY clients
- Prepare your employees for what to expect when your clients are
coming through the door in an emotionally charged state.
- Train your employees to ensure that they are comfortable in
- Clearly defined goals and needs from the attorney are essential
for establishing expectations.
- Sticking to a 30-60-90 day review plan allows opportunity for
reflection and performance improvement.
- Use a simple chart in the review to show what is working and
what needs improvement.
- Your team lead should have strong follow through to ensure that
new ideas are implemented.
- The attorney should never be the team leader because they are
not on the front lines in the client services role.
Standardizing the Role of the Team Leader in Your Law Firm
- Create an Ideal Work Week calendar template
- Block time for certain activities
- Protect the calendar
Links and Resources
Don’t Be a Yes Chick!
& Empowering Solutions on Facebook