Aug 16, 2022
Today’s guest spent several
years at a consulting firm coaching over 350 doctors, lawyers, and
other professionals until she decided she had enough. Melissa
Shanahan is the Founder of Velocity Work and the host of The Law
Firm Owner Podcast. Melissa joins host Molly McGrath to talk about
how to build high cycle results for your law firm.
- There are many law firm owners out there that
are ready to take on clients and work but they need guidance on how
to run their business.
- It’s important to have accountability when it
comes to running your law firm. You have to take ownership of your
- Most law firm owners are looking for a way to
feel organized and feel more in control of the things that are
happening around them.
- You don’t need to be hyper-focused on a certain
issue. Hold yourself accountable and bring in others to help you
solve the issue.
- Fun team-building activities shouldn’t replace
serious planning for the next quarter. You can still have fun but
the serious work needs to be done.
- Your business is either in a low result cycle
or a high result cycle. You can’t be in the
- There are three parts to success; know what you
are aiming for, make a well-thought-out deliberate plan, and you
have to honor your plan.
Quote of the
“There are Low Results Cycle and
High Results Cycle in Business. Where is your Firm
Ways to Tune In:
Hire & Empower is produced by
Ringmaster, on a mission to create connections through B2B
podcasts. Learn more at https://ringmaster.com/