Apr 26, 2022
Dr. Lois Frankel is the President
of Corporate Coaching International, the author of the best-selling
book “Nice Girls Don’t Speak Up or Stand Out”, among other books.
She’s also an internationally-recognized expert in the field of
leadership development for women. Lois sits down with host Molly
McGrath to talk about ways women can communicate in the office with
their boss and other co-workers..
- Have people tell you about their upbringing.
From that you can tell someone what they need to develop in order
to best compliment their behaviors.
- Nice girls are women who act according to how
they were raised from their childhood.
- Being nice is necessary for success, but it's
not the only thing that can bring you success. Hard work comes with
that as well.
- There are different rules for how different are
supposed to communicate and those rules keep women from speaking
up, which is unfair and unjust.
- You can’t tell women not to get emotional.
Before you get emotional or find yourself in tears, you need to
deliver a message. It’s been socially acceptable to be teary but
not to be angry.
- Chance favors the prepared mind. You want to
make sure that you are ready for whatever meeting you are going
into and odds are that the meeting will go well.
- If no one is responding to you, don’t keep
talking as people tend to tune out. Instead, use a tagline like
“did I answer your question?”
Quote of the
7:35 “Nice is necessary for
success, it’s simply not sufficient.”
Ways to Tune In: